Permission can be granted to a variety of types of users. These groups will vary with different Elevator installs. Below is the list available at the University of Minnesota.
- All Users – anyone, without authentication
- Authenticated Users – anyone with an account
- Centrally Authenticated Users – university accounts
- Class Number – limited to a specific courseId
- Dept/Course number – supports wildcards, to capture multiple lecture sessions
- Job code – limited based on a job code
- Unit – A University of Minnesota department ID
- Specific People – a group of people, defined by their account name
- Student Status (Grad/Undergrad)
- Employee Type (Faculty/Student/Staff/etc)
Depending on your credentials, some of these may present “suggested values”. For example, if you’re an instructor, Elevator will automatically suggest the courses you’re teaching.